Monday, May 14, 2018

Distractions by Huh

Dedication
Thinking of Zillah and Dizzy and the Den. Hope you're all doing well. Thank you all for supporting me.

Distractions
By HuhChuH

"They come again and again. Circling, vulturing, venturing into me."

I break into bits too readily,
allowing it,
almost eagerly,
forgetting who I am,
willing to undo me, my work.

I build myself. They break me apart.

I ache remembering.

Their golden halo extends just beyond my reach. Not good enough again. Broken. Dismissed. Different.

Again I forget who I am,
accepting blame as the wrong one,
saving the situation,
scapegoating all too easily.
Was there another option?
Communicate? Saying what? How? Why?

Slowly, I remember to breathe and feel.
Bit by bit I remember me.

Smiling, I breathe fully freely happily.

End


No comments:

Post a Comment